Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's Official - Taco Tour 2015

The more I thought about this yesterday, the more excited I got about it. So it must happen. The original 2011 taco tour details are here and here and here. The plan was to try 30 taco shops between Irvine and Berkeley in 6 days. I only ended up getting to 20. Not so much because 30 was too many, it wasn't, but more due to my traveling companion hating absolutely everything about road trips and wanting her misery to be my misery even though she didn't have to come. So this time I'll do it alone, and avoid the possibility that fellow travelers will hate fun and worship the comforting blanket of misery. It's called a frickin' "Taco Road Trip". We're probably going to be eating a lot of tacos. What damn part of  "Taco Road Trip" did you not understand???!!!

(Why yes, I am still bitter. Why do you ask?)

At any rate..... I really want this trip. and I really want it to be taco intense. And I really want it to be a journey of passage, from the bad and screwed up past, to the future Jon path I should have been on all along. Alone. Crazy. Full. Highly questionable. I want it to be a Jon style trip, which I haven't had in nearly 12 years. Get a vague plan, print a map so I don't waste time being lost, get in the car, start driving with no real idea where I'll end up when the sun goes down. I miss that.

So the plan for the taco adventure this year - Map out 20+ great taco places in LA. Get in the car and drive to LA. Try to eat at 10+ in two days. And take lots of great photos. And get some craft beer. And not pop.

Sure, that's hardly an epic "road trip" in the classic sense. But I have to start somewhere, and what better place to start than tacos and craft beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment